Friday, January 13, 2017

The Choosing

By: Rachelle Dekker













This book surprised me. I loved it! I thought it was going to be a Christian slant on Selection or Divergent. It is dystopian and there is selection to it but it’s not what I thought. I didn’t think there’d be a serial killer or the strong message of worth.

The book deals with different strong issues.* Loving ourselves not because someone chose us but because we were born loved by a loving God. It’s a story about how not everyone can live up to the governments/populations standards. But what if those standards are wrong? Sound familiar?

Another issue, for me at least, is the misinterpretation of the Veritas by men who then make the rules for others. I was wondering as I read it if they were skipping pages or were the pages missing. But then this wouldn’t be the first time that men have completely convoluted God’s holy word.

If you are a fan of Ted Dekker this book was written by his daughter. However, she has her own voice. She won a Christy award for Young Adult novel.
I read this book in one evening, not because it’s short but because I couldn’t put it down!


*There is no cussing, or sex but there are some strong, violent couple of scenes of torture. This involves kidnapping, pouring bleach down the throat for cleansing, and finally death. So if you are not the type for this, you might want to skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment