Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Day 1, #boutofbooks, and Classics

First day of bout of books:

I read my first graphic novel. Frankenstein. Boy was it depressing but really well done. I liked the illustrations but found that I ignored them as I plunged through the words.

I think I like the pictures that come out of my own imagination. I have a routine when I read, as I read images pop into my head. It was rather distracting to have my images, words and the illustrators images all at the same time.

Classics Challenge:

I've started Jane Eyre. It's much thicker than I thought it was. It shouldn't be hard to get through though. So far, it's beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are off to a great start with BOB 18!! I like that you are reading classics. :-) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! It's about time I reacquainted myself with some older, classical friends! :)

      Delete