Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Back to the Classics Challenge 2017...

This is exciting! A list, a list of books, a list of books that demand to be read!

How many of you read classics in school, saw the random Pride and Prejudice movie, or made for TV miniseries and thought, whew! At least now I don't have to tackle that one. It doesn't count! No, sir. You must pick up the paper and open the pages and dive into the words and read it. Come on, you know it's not the same : all the details, all the nuances, all the sub plots that never made any sense when you were 13 years old.

BooksandChocolate is doing her Back to Classics Challenge again this year. I will have to feverishly work on my list before Sunday arrives! I plan to read classics I have never read before. No fair cheating with books I've already read. Although you can choose to read what you want, I, for one, am going in fresh. Yes, I will have to put down that beloved copy of Three Musketeers I love so much along with Pride and Prejudice and Gulliver's Travels.

You can do this. We can do this. Head over to the Challenge and get to making your list. I'll post mine when it's finished! Let me know what you plan on reading. This is gonna be fun!

4 comments:

  1. Well here is my list: http://100greatestnovelsofalltimequest.blogspot.com/2017/01/back-to-classics-challenge-2017.html

    But where is yours? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://allthebooksandjava.blogspot.com/2016/12/my-classics-challenge-list.html#comment-form

    There you go! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'oh...sorry. I guess I already peeked at it. I just could'nt find it this time.

      Delete
    2. Ha! No worries. So many books, so little time! I like your list and will be excited to read your reviews.

      Delete